We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to build and support the content for our next generation of Auto Physical Damage products. This position reports to Mitchell’s Content Management organization and is responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of internal business systems and applications. These systems and applications support the acquisition, creation, transformation, and extraction of data into Mitchell product ready information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the analysis, design, development, coding, debugging, testing and documenting activities to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
- Work with business partners to drive and capture system functional and non-functional requirements.
- Lead the definition of architectural, design, modeling and coding standards.
- Lead the code review process and mentors/coaches other developers to help accelerate their learning and capabilities.
- Provide technical and thought leadership.
- Lead software project estimating activities.
- Use and coach team members in modern design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Investigate and resolve application issues as needed.
- Package, configure and deploy relevant software.
- Consult with database administration on the design of logical and physical databases.
- Participate in project planning and release management.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend appropriate technology and techniques.
- Interface directly with external vendors/data providers at a technical level to define data requirements and resolve data integrity issues.
- Assists in third level support of systems and applications once delivered into Production.
- Write technical specifications and test plans as necessary.
- Conduct and assist in unit, load, performance, and integration testing.
- Prepare documentation to standards for Information Systems Development, Data Operations, I.S. Operations, and instructional material for clients.
- You have a well-established reputation as a technical leader.
- You have 12+ years of hands-on industry experience.
- You have great oral and written communication skills and are an excellent collaborator.
- You enjoy and are good at mentoring and coaching other team members.
- You have a passion for technology and a deep desire to create the best software possible.
- You have strong knowledge of Oracle 11g, 12c, PL/SQL and SQL*Loader.
- You are comfortable on UNIX or Windows, and know Korne shell and Perl scripting.
- You understand and create designs based on the S.O.L.I.D. design principles.
- You have a deep understanding of design patterns and anti-patterns.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Additional Items a Plus:
- Knowledge and development capabilities with Java, C#/.NET, NoSQL databases and Cloud technologies.
- SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, such as Kanban, Scrum and extreme programming techniques.