Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
If building next generation services gets you pumped then we have a home for you here at Mitchell. As we take our next big step forward in the company’s 68 year history, we are fueled by our vision of domestic and global growth through the implementation of scalable, reusable services that will form the core of our technology and software solutions as we move into the future. Our Software Engineer will be a part of the team whose mission is to design, develop, and implement enterprise integration application and services.
This role will require a highly self-motivated, goal oriented, results driven technical person who can work effectively with the scrum team. The main responsibility will be in understanding our business needs and requirements and translate to a workable software solution. You should be comfortable with Java, Enterprise java technologies, API and web services development and best practices.
- Develop, implement and test SOA based applications using Java, Enterprise java and technologies.
- Work within scrum team to develop new functionality and refactor existing functionality.
- Implement product features with accompanying unit tests and documentation.
- Apply agile software development principles to promptly deliver quality software solutions which meet a diverse and changing set of customer needs.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field preferred, BA/BS is a requirement.
- 4+ years of Java software development experience, preferably with SaaS based solutions.
- 2+ years with implementing technologies like EJBs, JMS, JPA, Spring, XML, JBoss.
- 2+ years of web service (REST, SOAP) and API development and management.
- Solid knowledge and experience with SQL.
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Test Driven Development, and Extreme Programming.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.