If you dream of being a full stack engineer, come practice the SOLID principals and learn to be a software craftsman!
What you will be doing:
The Oracle Database/BI Developer will be responsible for the analysis, design, validation, and implementation of enterprise-wide Oracle database development including data modeling, ETL, and Performance tuning with exposure to reporting tools like Tableau, SSRS and SSAS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows policies and procedures for the definition, management, protection, and efficient utilization of data and databases.
- Performs database development and management activities in a safe, recoverable and professional manner that ensures the optimal operation of all database environments.
- Establishes database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
- Documents and communicates database design.
- Evaluates and installs database management systems.
- Codes complex programs and derives logical processes on technical platforms.
- Builds windows, screens and reports.
- Assists in the design of user interface and business application prototypes.
- Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment.
- Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
- Adapts business requirements, developed by modeling/development staff and systems engineers, and develops the data, database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application.
- At more experienced levels, helps to develop an understanding of client's original data and storage mechanisms.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization.
- Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model.
- Stays apprised of changes and innovations in Oracle’s information technology space, including new features, bug/fixes and compatibility concerns with operating systems and utilities.
- Actively participates in the implementation of disaster recovery and fail-over capability, and maintains detailed technical support documentation.
- Performs capacity monitoring; and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects.
- Exploits RDMS software, database management tools and utilities, data warehouse and replication techniques to implement requirements to enhance our database solutions.
- Maintains security commensurate with legal regulations, corporate policy, and best practices while implementing security solutions that balance auditor requirements with user requirements.
- Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation